Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,651   Online: 874

c-41 bleach- to wash or not?

Hi to all. I'm still having problems with the C-41 kits. Some have a Blix which does not need a wash after the colour developer. Others have a separate bleach and fix bath, with a wash between them. My quick question is this, what would happen if the wash was omitted between the bleach and fix? I am not reusing the chemicals, so contamination of the fix by bleach is not a concern. The reason for the question is that my Jobo ATL-1000 does not allow for the wash between the bleach and fix on the C-41 standard cycle. It could be modified by ordering a new eprom from Jobo, presumeably at great expense.
    Mike
    If you live forever, you'll learn everything. Living forever is the problem...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think contamination is the only issue. Since you're not worried about that I guess it doesn't matter.

The Fuji bleach and fix I use is supposed to be

Tank #1 bleach
    Tank #2 a mix of bleach and fix
    Tank #3 is fix

Tanks 1 and 3 over flow into tank #2.

I use a wash in place of tank #2 but I'm reusing my bleach and fix.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Does Blix mean BLeach and fIX? I've always wondered about that. I dont do my own color stuff. Just curious.
    To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin