Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,708   Posts: 1,482,884   Online: 1048

Shooter
    Multi Format

Chemistry deposits in Jobo Lift

I have a CPP-2 and now want to get it up and running. However, there are what looks to be like a hard calcium deposit buildup within the lift especially around where the chemistry enters and exits the tanks. The person I got this unit from did alot of E-6 I believe so it is probably left overs from that process. I have some Processor clean II but that is really designed for the water bath. Also, it doesn't stay in contact with the deposits long enough.

Does anyone have any good remedies for this problem? Will this affect any other processes that I might be using? (C-41 and B\W)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Get your self some CLR, it should do the trick.

Make sure to read the package first, so as not to screw anything up.

S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not try a "dry" run with only water instead of chemicals. It might do the trick.
    Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is a product that is designed to remove calcium. It is very effective, but I cannot remember its name. I have purchased it a number of times at an Ace hardware store. It has a goopy consistency and comes in spray bottle. You can spray it on and use a toothbrush to clean it up. If it is calcium this product will clean it up whistle clean. You may also want to pour it into the lift arm to clean out any calcium buildup you cannot see, and then rinse at least three times with lots of water.

If the deposits are not calcium then it may not remove the deposits. I would then remove the lift arm unit from the drum rotation unit and soak the arm part in a pale of water mixed with Processor Clean II for several days followed by at three good rinsings. This stuff can clean almost anything if you are willing to soak it for an extend period of time. I would even recommend getting a large enough container so that you can soak all chemical piping in the lift arm assemble for 24 hours independent of whether the calcium was removed or not. This will clean up any chemical residue that you cannot see, but may contaminate your process. In general, color developers are very sensitive to contamintion and can result in less than optimal results, all of which you may not be able to detect with your eye.

I have a Fujimoto CP-51 and periodically I remove the rollers and soak them for extended periods of time in Processor Clean II. The nice thing about Processor Clean II is that it is a non-absorbent detergent so you do not have to worry about any contamination from the cleaner.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    calcium should be easy to dissolve with normal vinager.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin