Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,758   Online: 1133

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

mail-order 120 E-6/C-41 recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations for mail-order labs in USA for processing 120 color films. Want the roll returned un-cut, no prints, 6x12 format. I will be (shhhh) scanning on 3200 flatbed and then printing.

Does anyone use the Kodak or A&I mailers for 120, I would imagine they would do this? I don't want the returned cut up in 6x6 mounts, for example...I used to use "The Lab" in St. Louis years ago for 120 format, but couldn't find them online. Have good labs here in Seattle, but mail-order is way more convenient for me.

Thanks
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used A&I for a few things, including 6x9 transparancies. Worked great. They are very responsive.

You probably already know, but the A&I mailers are cheaper from B&H than A&I.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes, Calypso Imaging of Santa Clara, California. Their prices are excellent and their turnaround times fast. I recommend them highly. Their web address is: http://www.calypsoinc.com/

You can't go wrong with these guys.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Yes, Calypso Imaging of Santa Clara, California. Their prices are excellent and their turnaround times fast. I recommend them highly. Their web address is: http://www.calypsoinc.com/

You can't go wrong with these guys.
    Calypso are great. However, don't they have a rather high shipping charge? they waive it if your order is over $150, as I recall.

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A&I is great for 120 slides. They don't cut the film. It is sleaved and shipped in a sturdy box. I have never had a problem. I have never tried them for negative film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    Calypso are great. However, don't they have a rather high shipping charge? they waive it if your order is over $150, as I recall.

Matt
    They have free shipping (FedEx) for orders over $80.00. Their rates vary depending on what you are shooting. For example, for Nature, Landscape, Fine Art, and Travel photographers, a 120mm Roll, sleeved, is $4.10, or $6.00 for Commercial photographers.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The A&I mailers are great. Quality of a NYC pro lab at about half the price.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the responses. I ordered A&I mailers from B&H. While browsing around B&H I found it interesting that the Kodak PK-36 mailers for E-6 or Kodachrome 35mm are now priced at $8.99, unless that's an error on B&H's site. Seems like I last bought some at B&H a year or so ago and they were at or just under $5. I think I get Kodak's message loud and clear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TomWB
    Thanks for all the responses. I ordered A&I mailers from B&H. While browsing around B&H I found it interesting that the Kodak PK-36 mailers for E-6 or Kodachrome 35mm are now priced at $8.99, unless that's an error on B&H's site. Seems like I last bought some at B&H a year or so ago and they were at or just under $5. I think I get Kodak's message loud and clear.
    I believe Kodak sends to Dwayne's in Kansas, which is the only K14 lab they refer to in the US. Using Dwayne's direct, a single roll of Kodachrome is $8.50 plus shipping, I think. So Kodak's $8.99 charge simply reflects the actual retail charge. I don't think there's any "message" here.

Earl
    "PLEASE don't take my Kodachrome away."
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Earl, I've written to B&H for clarification. I went to my B&H account, where I checked my order history. On September 9, 2004, I ordered 10 PK-36 mailers which cost $4.79 each. They now list PK-24 for $3.99 (seems correct )and PK-36 at $8.99 (seems wrong). Yes, my recent kodak mailers have gone to Dwaynes, with good results. If I hear back from B&H I'll post it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin