Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,814   Online: 993

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    I have a mental block about developing color..I don't see myself every trying that, so I'll have to rethink doing that! I think it was more about doing it becasue it was possible, without considering the consequences...
    Murray

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I can't even understand what I said in my last reply.

I think I will avoid cutting down color film to 2x3 unless the local folks are so eager to do it for me I can't refuse...you never know. Thanks for the reality check.
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    How would you develop it? (Nobody else would) Sounds like a royal pain in the butt to me. Rollfilm is such an elegant solution. Better enjoy it while it's still here. I bought a bunch of Type J single sheet holders for the Mamiya one time. Shot half a dozen. Figured out they don't fit into anything for development (Jobo 2500 series) and they're in the freezer to this day. I need to put those holders on feebay.

What size Jim? The normal 4x5 reels for the 2500 tank handle 6.5x9. It's the smallest size they close to. Now 2x3 is a problem.

If it's 2x3 you're a bit out of luck. Jobo used to make a 2x3 reel 2518. But from what I understand they would just take the 2509N and hand work it so it could handle 2x3.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you want shoot with your SFH your only option, other than cutting film down, may be shooting color separations. It is quite possible to do with static subjects but it would require registration equipment and very precise development control.

Those roll film holders seem to be the best option for someone that is not going to do his own developing,
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    What size Jim? The normal 4x5 reels for the 2500 tank handle 6.5x9. It's the smallest size they close to. Now 2x3 is a problem.

If it's 2x3 you're a bit out of luck. Jobo used to make a 2x3 reel 2518. But from what I understand they would just take the 2509N and hand work it so it could handle 2x3.
    It was 2X3.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I think thr rb 67 can shoot 2 x 3 sheet film and holders were made for it and a back etc. I have never seen one but would be interested

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Those roll film holders seem to be the best option for someone that is not going to do his own developing,
    So it would seem. Maybe I'll get a couple of SFHs anyway for BW (mostly what I shoot) and leave the color in the SR. I don't think they make a Rapid Rollex for the baby Tech, and even if they did it would 1) be magnificently carved out of spare battleship bits and weigh as much, and 2) cost a fortune. Color separation, BTW, is right out of it. The Super Rollex is clunky enough.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    My local lab uses some sort of Jobo tube processor for push processing C41 & thought between that and an adjustable reel they should be able to do 2x3 color cut down from large sheets or 120 film.

And, yes, it probably is too much work for most reasonable rational people. That said, I think I'll give it a try. It takes me forEVER to finish a 36 exposure 35mm roll. 24 is I guess a 'blessing' in that respect.
    8 shots of 6x9 on a roll of 120 helps too, but I think in my own warped way one sheet at a time is something that will help me. 16 at 6 x 4.5 is nice but gets into that problem (for me) of rushing the roll to finish it. Someone said one good shot per roll is OK, but I think I'd like one good shot per sheet film holder :O)...a good goal to 'shoot' for.

Anyway, I have some Agfa Portra 160 220 rolls left from another masochistic project of trying to blindfold all the light leaks in a Moskva and hand count exposures...fun, but not too productive...
    Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Is the Tech 2x3? Or 6.5x9?
    Isn't that equivalent? I mean: it's not exactly "2x3", it's something like 2 and 1/2 times 3 and 1/4 (I don't recall it exactly right now). Shouldn't it be the same in centimeters?
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I read that nominal '2x3', assuming 2-1/4 x 3-1/4, which sounds pretty precise, is actually 56x82 mm. 2.25*25.4=57.2mm, and I think I measured somewhere between 57 and 58 mm between vertical rails in a filmholder. 56 sounded like a believable fit. I can't measure the other dimension because the other end of the FH doesn't open, but I can take 82 mm for granted now.

I also see why the 120 film didn't fit. Before I tried, it all seemed nominal and equivalent to me.
    Murray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin