Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,005   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John (jnanian),
    Thanks for the advice on the local labs. I've been going to Abar, but I think I'll try the others for the hell of it. Abar is just too damn expensive, plus their professionalism has gone down the drain.

I know what you're saying about Walmart, etc. I started taking my C-41 to Ritz Camera and doing 'develop only' for $4.50 (half the price of Abar). Yeah, they're using rollers instead of dip and dunk, but I scan my negs and Digital Ice cleans up any scratches perfectly. Years ago, I used to work at a Ritz and they take their lab fairly seriously as opposed to a drug store or Walmart. Plus, I'd never give Walmart any of my hard-earned cash. I wonder if Ritz would do cross processing.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    John (jnanian),
    Thanks for the advice on the local labs. I've been going to Abar, but I think I'll try the others for the hell of it. Abar is just too damn expensive, plus their professionalism has gone down the drain.

I know what you're saying about Walmart, etc. I started taking my C-41 to Ritz Camera and doing 'develop only' for $4.50 (half the price of Abar). Yeah, they're using rollers instead of dip and dunk, but I scan my negs and Digital Ice cleans up any scratches perfectly. Years ago, I used to work at a Ritz and they take their lab fairly seriously as opposed to a drug store or Walmart. Plus, I'd never give Walmart any of my hard-earned cash. I wonder if Ritz would do cross processing.
    Ara
    yeah ara

i only take things to abar if i am getting paid for it

if you are getting prints, all the places mentioned in ri ( i haven't taken film to the boston labs in 6 years or so ) scan and light jet, so you loose information in your highlights. if you want wet-process "classic print" (black & white) from abar, it will cost you a fortune and it'll be on rc paper...

-john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin