Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,466   Online: 1066

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Actually, I travel every year out of the US. Mostly to Australia, although I have gone to Jordan and Europe as well in the past few years. X-ray machines for hand carried luggage, in most developed countries (including Jordan) are no problem; the lead lined bags are a waste of money. If in doubt, use FedEx.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're traveling to or from London by Eurostar be carefull with highspeed film. They will not authorize handinspections, and your film will go trough the scanner. I personally have had no problems with it, the film got through it fine with no ill effects.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've travelled quite a bit (as you do when you go to and from New Zealand), and even films that have been back and forth have never suffered any ill-effects.

Travelling round Europe, the film always goes through the handcarry scanners, and never had a problem either. I used to carry a small 35mm on business trips (Minox 35GT), and sometimes the film in that camera had 10-15 trips through the handcarry scanners, and still no problems.

XRay scanning of handcarry baggage has been used in airports for years in Europe, and very few people have experienced problems.

If in spite of the overwhelming practical evidence, if you are still worried, forget about saving a few dollars/euros and purchase the film and develop it locally.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't have any problems taking the film through security. I asked for a hand inspection every time and I was never given a problem with the unmarked bulk film cannisters. They just want you to take the film out of the boxes they are sold in.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin