Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,035   Online: 885

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi there,
    I've read this thread with interest, and I'm wondering if someone can tell me if some, or any, of these issues apply to any degree when printing Ilford XP2 onto B&W paper?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM
    Hi there,
    I've read this thread with interest, and I'm wondering if someone can tell me if some, or any, of these issues apply to any degree when printing Ilford XP2 onto B&W paper?
    No, there is absolutely no problem in printing chromogenic B&W films on normal paper.

Sorry to Pentaxuser. The Oriental paper was what I got from Retro. It's a shame they have run out. I had been using quite a lot. It wasn't as good as Panalure, but was a lot cheaper. I used it mostly for contact printing.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As David says Charlie,XP2 is meant to be printed on B&W paper, although I can see the logic of your question since it is C41 process, You can take it to your local minilab and have it processed like colour film and printed on colour paper, as I sometimes do for proofs, they usually have a sepia caste, but for proofs it's fast and cheap, then anything worth printing is printed on B&W paper.

Shooter
    35mm
    As others have said, XP2 prints fine on conventional B&W paper; treat it just like a conventional B&W film for making prints. Kodak's chromogenic B&W film has an orange mask that should make it easier to get prints without strong color casts on color paper. The effect when printing to B&W paper is that you'll need to use longer-than-average print times. My experience is that normal filtration settings usually work fine with VC paper, but some prints need heavy filtration to look good. XP2 lacks this color mask, so these issues don't apply to it; I just thought I'd mention the issue for the sake of completeness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your replies. I was wondering if there might be a filtration issue, thanks for clearing that up.

I do find when scanning XP2 I get an annoying colour cast which has to be dealt with (but that's probably a comment for the 'grey area' - pardon British spelling)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin