Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,255   Online: 997

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

AR-5 Slide processing

I hope someone may be able to help.
    I have a roll of Ektachrome Professional Infrared film (135-36) that was shot with no filter. Kodak recommends the AR-5 process. Anyone know of anyone doing this process?
    Many thanks
    Michael

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This film should be able to be developed via the E6 process too. I suppose it depends on the effect you are looking for. To answer your question, I think Rocky Mountain Labs do the AR-5 process. You may want to check their website.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Isn't AR aerial? See if somebody is doing aerial photography local to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The film can be done in conventional e-6 processing. The AR-5 process changes the contrast and color response of the film. See here:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...323/ti2323.pdf

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks all. My customer shot it without a filter, so Kodak recommended AR-5. I will recommend that he sends it to Rocky Mountain Labs( thanks Diane, why didn't think of that!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    May I hijack this thread? Yes? Ok...

If I shoot it filtered (yellow) and don't have access to AR-5 process, are there any special considerations... or can I just hand it to the E6 line.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you shoot it with a yellow filter, it can be developed via E6. However, make sure the lab you send it to will be able to develop the color IR before you take/send it to them. What I mean is that they need to turn off the IR frame counters in their machines, not use IR goggles, when processing the film.

Above all, emphasize to them that it is IR film. Tell them what ISO you shot the film at.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    If you shoot it with a yellow filter, it can be developed via E6. However, make sure the lab you send it to will be able to develop the color IR before you take/send it to them. What I mean is that they need to turn off the IR frame counters in their machines, not use IR goggles, when processing the film.

Above all, emphasize to them that it is IR film. Tell them what ISO you shot the film at.
    Yes, that's what I have been told. As I only picked up two rolls out of curiosity (it's expensive stuff)... I then thought I was up the proverbial creek. For the hell of it, I shot one roll filtered and ran it through a Fuji minilab in C41. I would imagine that machine to be full of all the frame reading IR stuff. Oddly, there was no sign of contamination or IR fogging whatsoever... or at least as far as one can tell with an AR5 film shot as E6 and cross processed in C41!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What did you get out of that? I'd be interested to see some of your results in your gallery. I've never had my EIR cross processed before. Once, one of my HIE rolls was accidentally processed in E6 though. I could just barely see the frames where I had exposed the pictures.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not much. The negatives were fine and printable, but as I was convinced the whole roll would be trashed, I didn't put any thought into the photos themselves - they were random shots for a test. Like someone since pointed out, using EIR for a weird effect, compounded by cross processing for another weird effect, brings the result back close to normalcy! I'll see if I can find them to scan... But on the whole, it's very much what it says on the "label". You get the IR effects, and you get the x-pro color shifts...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin