Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,254   Online: 994

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Medium format slide projectors

After getting into MF I've shot a decent amount of slide film and would love to view them on a screen but the prices for new MF projectors are a little steep for my liking so I've been looking at the used market. I know very little about what is available and wanted to weigh the thoughts of others with more experience. Should I avoid certain types? What are you other MF slide shooters using for projection or do most people nowadays shoot slides strictly for scanning/digital applications? What should I expect to pay for a decent setup? Thanks for any help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just realized I probably should have put this in the Presentation/Marketing forum. Apologies to the moderators

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel

Choices are really dependant on format. For 6X6 (or 6X45), there are lots of options - Rollei, Kindermann, Leica Prados etc. You should be able to find a nice Kindermann for less than $200 - a nice Hasselblad will be over $1000.

For 6X7, the choices are far fewer - Goestchmann (very expesive but beautiful), older Linhof/Leica or Cabin (distributed by Mamiya and available new). A Cabin in good shape will be around $600. It works fine, but it is a lot of money.... If possible, stick to 6X6; alternatively, you are definitely in for some expense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget the cheapo one from the 60's, Bell and Howell, Realist 620, etc. They can at least let you know if you'll take the time to mount the slides to show. If it works then you can upgrade.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin