Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,869   Online: 1035

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Johnny, my recipe for crow starts with a 5th of your favorite libation (Johnny Walker Red perhaps) and continues until bottle is empty...if the part can still recall the situation, repeat...I was the same when I first learned about the Fuji Frontier prints, even have some...not bad, but come in some odd sizes. BTW, from what I have been told they do not have any better archival properties than a normal C-41 prnt...because that's what they are.
    I think you meant to say RA-4 prints :-)

As for the archival properties of such prints, well they need to be treated to make them archival in much the same way that B&W silver prints need treating.

Graham.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi There
    Another version of the digital to photo paper and film is the Lambda unit that we have here at our lab, We print onto Agfa Classic Fibre, Cibachrome, all the Ra4 papers and we are starting to test Black and White Film to produce enlarged negs for all the Alternative printing processes.
    Images come from all sources, digital cameras as your friend suggests( I would suggest some Franks Hot Sauce for that crow) or we scan all media and through photoshop correct the file , dodge/burn, contrast local and overall and as well colour shifts within the images.
    the file is then sent to the exposing unit and basically Three Lasers are managed to produce a beam of light that exposes the traditional media.
    We then cut the paper from the machine and develop the black and white through large trays as we would do with any traditional print, as well the colour prints are put through the appropriate processors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    If you have a good recipe for roast partridge, crow can be prepared the same way. It should be cooked slightly more, though. There's also a difference between crows, with "forest workers" generally having the strongest flavor. You'd be surprised at how tasty they can be
    Having eaten some crow recently I can attest that it tastes just like chicken... (I like the recipe best that relys on a full bottle of Johnny Walker red however, though I'm sure Ole's is excellent as well!)
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    Having eaten some crow recently I can attest that it tastes just like chicken... (I like the recipe best that relys on a full bottle of Johnny Walker red however, though I'm sure Ole's is excellent as well!)
    With enough Scotch, most things taste like chicken I find...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbroadbridge
    I think you meant to say RA-4 prints :-)

As for the archival properties of such prints, well they need to be treated to make them archival in much the same way that B&W silver prints need treating.

Graham.
    Thanks Graham...my bad...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes, a lot of places are now using digital printers that print on Fuji Crystal Archive. I believe even Costco does as well.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

You may scan the neg and send it to various labs over the internet. This gives you the option to Photoshop it and then get it printed. I use Ritz Photo. The file transfer program comes with the first disc you have made when they develope your film.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    That must have been a "field worker", the crows are remarkable steady at their chosen workplace. A lot more steady than humans...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's amazing, no one has told us yet that we aren't allowed to talk about this, semi D word issue :-)

David.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker
    I just started working with a fellow (on a project unrelated to photography) who insists the pictures he takes with his Canon Digi-something are sent to a lab and printed on "real" photo paper - not inkjet paper that looks like photo paper, but "real" photo paper that needs light to expose it, and is developed with chemicals. He says this happens without making a negative from the digital image. He also says this routinely done in England, where he is from.

Is this possible? I hope not. If so, whoever replies that it is, please supply a good recipe for crow.
    DeVere has an enlarger projecting digital files-as negatives-, to colour or B&W (RC or FB) papers.

All the best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin