Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,515   Online: 1142

Thread: Fuji question

Shooter
    Large Format

Fuji question

I am switching to Fuji slide film for most of my color work. I am using velvia for most things including landscapes and astia for anything with a lot of white ( brides, snow...) my question is what do you use provia for?
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use provia for my people shots, as well as alot of wildlife, provia is claimed to be the finest grained slide film on the market as well as being more neutral, I have also used it alot for doing artwork photography for catalog placment, I like provia alot more than I like astia, velivia of course is the king of saturation, but provia is a great film as well and has served me well over the years, I know many pros that won't shoot anything but provia.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use primarily Velvia for most of my work, but there are times I need something a bit more "true to life", and that is where Provia comes in. I use it for architectural studies, or for floral studies - when those images call for accuracy of color representation. I mentioned floral studies; sometimes the punchy colors of Velvia are right for that, but when shooting these subjects for a flower aficionado, accuracy counts more.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    I use provia for most everything except summer flower shots then it is Velvia. Velvia is just a but too over the top for anythng but flowers in my opinion.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In my days as a commerical Lab Rat. My duties were to copy orginal art work and photographs. I used Astia for most of the jobs then use Provia for any work that the client wanted a bit more contrast or color saturation.
    I've used Provia for the same in my field work. Provia for a bit more umph but not overboard as Velvia can sometimes do.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin