Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,116   Online: 1204

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

New article on Velvia 100 in Shutterbug

There is a short article on the new Velvia 100 Professional in the October 2005 issue of Shutterbug for those who are interested. Nothing new in the article really, although the author says he has gotten good results rating this at 125.

One quote from the article that made me smile: "Take a very high megapixel camera, boost the color saturation and sharpening, with the concomitant edge effects, and then remove any and all noise, and you have a taste of what this film offers." Emphasis mine.

Has anyone tried this at 125 yet? I've pretty well stuck with shooting it at 100 and haven't had the opportunity to experiment with it much.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    You actually read a shutterbug
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I pick up an issue every now and then. This particular issue had articles on Velvia 100 and on studio lighting (something I am also interested).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i read the same article, but unfortunitly i do not really shoot any E-6, but i do look forward to seeing results with this combo.

also, i work at a camera store, i read that magazine for free monthly. OH and an article from 2005 PMA had stated that even know it was the first PMA ever without a new film SLR the person who wrote the article did mention new large format equipment and said something along the lines thats digital cannot compare to a large format neg. Sorry i lost the article so i dont' know exactly which issue that was.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Didn't the new F6 come out with this PMA??? I was sure I read that camera was introduced this year?

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Didn't the new F6 come out with this PMA??? I was sure I read that camera was introduced this year?

Dave
    The camera is out this year, but was introduced in 04 at photokina, not PMA.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Has anyone tried this at 125 yet? I've pretty well stuck with shooting it at 100 and haven't had the opportunity to experiment with it much.
    I was going to order some in 35mm to start experimenting with, then I found a bulk roll of Velvia 50 in the freezer that I forgot I had. I guess I won't be using the 100 for the fall colors this year.

Bruce

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin