Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,459   Online: 758

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

E-6 mail order processing for 120

After searching around for a local lab to process 120 E-6 and consistently getting my film back with scratches, dye and chemical stains I've decided to use mail services from now on. I've been using A+I mailers but the turnaround time has been getting ridiculous as of late. (2-3 weeks to the east coast) It seems like the Slide Printer in Denver gets good marks and their pricing is very reasonable, but I was curious about the turnaround time for anyone who has used them in the Northeast. Thanks for any help.

Images
    Daniel, Have you tried Pro-Set in West Patterson? I haven't but have been interested in trying to establish some sort of mail order procedure with them. I'm just across the border in NYS but that's too far to make two trips to have film processed. With Fall coming I'd like to use up some 120 and 4x5 ektachrome that is in my refrigerator maybe I'll try them then.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Neal. I did look into Pro-Set and I've been told they do excellent work but Paterson is a little too far of a drive for me to drop off film. (About 45 min. one-way) If they had some sort of mail service then I might give them a try. Some places that do mail order processing only deal with Fed-Ex or UPS and if you combine the cost of processing and shipping it can get a little pricey. The Slide Printer charges $4.50 per roll of 120, so even with the cost of shipping its still pretty reasonable.

Images
    That is exactly the situation that I am in.
    If I look into it and come up with anything that seems like it will work out quick and economical, I'll let you know.

I used to have two full service pro labs within a few minutes of my house. I even ran the E-6 line at one of them for a while. Now there's nothing near enough to drive to. [sigh]
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin