Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,848   Online: 708

Shooter
    Multi Format

Developing old "C-41a" Disc film

I came upon an old disc camera this afternoon, loaded with disk film (14 of 15 shots finished); the film is from the mid 1980s, I'm guessing. It is marked "process c-41a"

My local lab does not proces disk film (and WILL NOT run old stuff), and I do not have C-41 chems, and do not intend to purchase them for 1 disc of film

Is there a way to process this in standard B&W chemistry (D-76 or Rodinol)?

Shooter
    127 Format
    You don't give a location...

In the UK http://www.photosupplies.co.uk/processing.html will handle it.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in the US, so i'd prefer not to have to send it out to the UK ...

I'm sort of looking for a way to home process it, though thank you for hte link, as that may be useful for other films...

Shooter
    35mm
    Most color films can be processed in B&W chemistry, yielding B&W negatives with an orange color mask. I don't have times handy, but a Web search might turn something up.

Alternatively, try Rocky Mountain Film Laboratory. They handle all sorts of odd and old films, including disc film. I've never used their services, but I've heard good things about them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin