Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,655   Online: 1143

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

5 year old Ektachrome

Is 5 year old Ektachrome worth exposing and processing? It has not been frozen- mostly stored at room temperature during that time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes. I've seen frozen stuff from the early 90's and it looks fine. Some folks even say they prefer "seasoned" film that is a year or so out of date. Best bet, shoot a roll and see for yourself.
    The Darkroom Studios ~ Brad Walker
    27 North Centre Street ~ Merchantville, NJ 08109
    856.488.1546 info@thedarkroomstudios.com
    "Film Ain't Dead Yet!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my opinion its worth a shot. (no pun intended)
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is worth a shot. I would expect it to have bule blacks and be a little thin over all if it is epp, epr or epn. If it is e100 (whatever flavour) it might be a little pink and and thin.

At one time I thought outdated chromes might be the holy grail for crossprossesing -- I was wrong.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I purchased outdated Ektachrome on eBay, did my first E-6 processing, and think that the result is worth the money. Based on my very short experience, the E-6 temperature control plays bigger role than the age of film. With modern scanners and Photoshop you can easily do corrections. Have a look at my first E-6 experiments http:/www.personal.inet.fi/koti/cambo/

BR, L&Scape

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wouldn't take them on my once-in-a-lifetime trip to inner Mongolia, but you'll get images. You'll likely get less D-max and a slight shift to magenta. You might even compensate a bit by underexposing 1/3 stop.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Scape
    With modern scanners and Photoshop you can easily do corrections. Have a look at my first E-6 experiments http:/www.personal.inet.fi/koti/cambo/

BR, L&Scape
    Why is it every new member tells us how even if its not right, don't worry be happy, you can fix it on the computer!!!!!!!!!!

That was not what the question was about, come on APUG = analog photograhy users group...

Geeze!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Why is it every new member tells us how even if its not right, don't worry be happy, you can fix it on the computer!!!!!!!!!!
    Because new members have not been initiated in the taboos of this specific tribe called APUG. You really can't blame the man, he's printing his own things, more than some here can say....(including us). Ease up a little on the newbies, Dave, Sean needs the money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    Because new members have not been initiated in the taboos of this specific tribe called APUG. You really can't blame the man, he's printing his own things, more than some here can say....(including us). Ease up a little on the newbies, Dave, Sean needs the money.
    I am not trying to be hard on him, but it seems as if it is getting more and more common for people to do this and other things that are not quite kosher in this particular community, granted he may print his own stuff, but I am just saying, I don't quite understand how people don't read the purpose of this system clearing stated in the entrance to the website, again, not trying to be hard on any new member, just stating the obvious, I always welcome new members as I feel as a group we can learn alot from each other, that is what I love about this place.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave, your banana-man is giving away all of my best dance moves! Is nothing truly sacred?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin