Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,018   Online: 744

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many years ago I used the Tetenal kit for Agfachrome. It was quite easy, the results were "Just super, Reggie" (very obscure refrence...), and I was very pleased.

Any method will work as long as you control the temperature within range. I agree that tray processing would be very risky, so a tank setup would be the minimum requirement.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by htmlguru4242
    It is odd that B&H won't ship some things, though I have noticed others will. I never air ship anything anyway, as it is too expensive, and I typically don't need htings next-day.
    Might be that B&H don't want to deal with the hazmat paperwork, I know when I get my kits, I have to pay a hazmat handling fee to the shipping company.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm ... probably true about the hazmat stuff. How much are hazmat fees usually??

It might be worth a drive down to NYC to pick it up (along with other stuff) from B&H myself - does anyone know if their in - store prices are the same as online??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't go to b&h, it's worse than apug. They have everything you've ever wanted and you'll spend all your money.
    I've been there 2x and they've got a very unique way of doing business. You walk in and they take any bag you may be carrying. You can look at most items but they are cabled off to a shelf. For instance, i was looking for backpacks which they have a ton of but you can't try most of them on since they are connected to the bottom shelf. I asked them to remove the cable so i could put it on before i dropped $200 and they said no. Most items have to be put onto your "account" which is then printed out for you to give to a clerk at the end of your shopping session. You can't actually pick up your items and continue shopping. If you see something you want to add, then you must find another available clerk and get another printout at his computer. Your purchases then go into a basket moved on a conveyor system along the ceiling to the first guy that adds up your order. You finally pay someone and pick up your stuff. It's worth the trip just to shop their.
    I've been told that the reason why they've got the best prices and the conveyor track system is because they are owned by a diamond mining company and B&H is how they move money around. Interesting.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Prices at the store are the same as on-line, however the NYC store and the website use different inventories. This means what may be in stock online may NOT be in stock in the store.

-Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin