Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,146   Online: 1087

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Any Good UK Suppliers?

Hi Folks,

Having decided to embark upon doing my own C41 recently (questions/problems on another thread), I'v found it very difficult to get supplies.

I've currently ordered through Nova Darkroom and my local shop, but the shop takes 2 weeks to get their orders delivered, and both have very little selection available.
    All I can get is Photospeed and Photoclolour, and a seperate Bleach and Fix seems to be non existent.

Could anybody point me in the right direction?
    Cheap film suppliers would be good too!

Cheers,

Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Chemicals - Firstcall are good, big selection, fairly quick dispatch. Silverprint also big selection, customer service patchy.
    Cheap film (120 and 35 mm): Mathers of Lancashire, 7dayshop.
    No source of cheap LF film known!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Must it be UK ?
    There are many supliers in Germany. I don't know their delivery policy regarding UK but here is a few of them.
    http://www.phobatec-shop.de/
    http://www.fotobrenner.de/ in German
    http://www.fotoimpex.de/index.html
    Regards S°ren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 4x5 film and colour paper it's hard to beat the US at present. B+H (www.bhphotovideo.com) have always been reliable for me. You'll pay VAT on the total and the postage.

I buy all my small and medium format film from Mathers. Not always the absolut cheapest, but totally reliable and no bullshit.

Otherwise, I would second the recommendation for German suppliers. Strangely, "Digital Wonder World" (www.digiwowo.com, formerly called New York Camera :-) can have some keen film prices, and they don't sting you too hard for postage. Some of the German firms will slap a straight 30 Euro shipping charge on you (Standard insured package rate) so watch out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PS: Fotoimpex's description of Retro-POP is one of the funniest things I've ever read in a photo catalogue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray
    Strangely, "Digital Wonder World" (www.digiwowo.com, formerly called New York Camera :-) can have some keen film prices, and they don't sting you too hard for postage. Some of the German firms will slap a straight 30 Euro shipping charge on you (Standard insured package rate) so watch out.
    If buying from digiwowo, you may be intersted the the allegations listed on this website.
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2472.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bob,
    where abouts in the UK are you?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm in Rochdale, Lancashire.

Thanks for the replies BTW - I'll look into them when I get a minute.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most of the film/paper/chemicals etc at photoimpex are also stocked by Retrophotographic (www.retrophotographic.co.uk) which makes life easier ordering from the UK. Silverprint (www.silverprint.co.uk) have the largest inventory but you will need to call them to place an order - possibly twice if no one picks up the phone the first time (they are usually busy). Firstcall I note have several C41 kits available.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fintan, thanks for the heads up. I have bought some high-ticket items from them, and been very happy with the level of service, but it never hurts to hear multiple voices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin