Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,063   Online: 833

Shooter
    35mm RF

where to buy paper and cemicals in ontario

Hi just trying to get into colour developing been doing B&W for about a year now trying to find place to buy Colour paper and chemicals I'm about 1 hour east of Toronto any help would be greatfull also is there any Chemicals that are easier to use then other .
    Also is there a difference between B&W stop and fixer and colour.
    thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take the ferry across the lake to Rochester NY and go to the RIT camera store. Either that or Hahn Graphic. They carry all you need for color processing.

Do not use B&W fixer for color. The stop bath might be usable, but might be prone to leaving a stain due to the indicator in it.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi -- Henry's in downtown Toronto carries at least some colour paper and processing chemicals. It's at the corner of Queen and Church. Nearby is Downtown Camera (just west of Henry's on Queen) which may also have some (but their darkroom department has become mighty small). Vistek, farther east on Queen, would probably also be worth a look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Take the ferry across the lake to Rochester NY and go to the RIT camera store. Either that or Hahn Graphic. They carry all you need for color processing.

Do not use B&W fixer for color. The stop bath might be usable, but might be prone to leaving a stain due to the indicator in it.

PE
    If you take the ferry, make sure you take your car as well, in case the ferry cancels your return voyage. :rolleyes: (I'm only being mildy facetious.) I haven't been to the RIT store for many years, so can't comment. Hahn is good, but their variety is limited. I would stick with Downtown Camera or Henry's. There's a decent store (Halton Camera Exchange) in Georgetown, but that's way the other side of T.O.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Earl, yes, by all means take your car.

A friend recently came to Rochester and wanted to return via ferry to Toronto only to find the ferry at Toronto instead of Rochester with no trips planned for the rest of the day. So, it is not an unusual problem to need your car to travel by ferry between the two cities.

I hope that they get this straightened out!

Otherwise, the trip by ferry between the two cities will end up being done routinely by car.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go to

http://www.photococan.com/

Cheaper then Henry's. No PST. Cheap shipping.

Last time I checked it was cheaper to fly Toronto-New York then to take the ferry across the lake.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    hi there
    for colour chemistry I use Trek Hall in Toronto, I am not sure if they sell in small batches.. For all other chems I suggest Nymoc if you are mixing yourself, I also find Downtown Camera in toronto has stock and for a variety of papers I would try , Eight Elm, and Blazes Photographics.

good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vistek in Toronto.
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thanks everyone you have been vary helpful I starting to feel like I'm at home LOL

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin