Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,974   Online: 890

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would say that most consumer slidefilms will do. I have used Fuji Provia, Sensia and 64T and Kodak Ektachrome 100VS, 1600 and elitechrome 100 extra color. Colorshift may happen but in some scenes it lifts the picture. Tungstenfilms will extend the blue hour and in mixed light or when painting with a torch you get some great color effects.
    Lee Frost has written a book "Night and lowlight photography" covering the subject.
    A bit late for a Christmas wish but if you havn't got it you should go for it. It is difficult to overexpose at night so be generous and bracket in full stops for a start
    Regards Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Speaking of the Port of Long Beach, search "Tom Paiva" who is a consumate night photographer and lists the Port Authority as one of his clients. He uses Provia 100f and now more recently seems to be very happy with the new 100 Velvia..EC

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yes, seeing Tom's work, especially the shot of the Coke Barns down on Pier G (Fuji advertisement), is what inspired me to take a look at that area at night. I have other Clients that I work with in that area and am down there a lot during the day. It, like a lot of areas, I am sure, take on a whole new and exciting and mysterious personality at night.

Regarding Soeren's comment about difficult to overexpose at night, that has been my experience too. Looking at exposures of two versus three versus four plus minutes, there is very little difference, a little loss in saturation. The shorter the exposure, the less chance to have the shot ruined by motion.

Charlie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin