Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,988   Online: 996

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Jobo Rotary Processors

Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    Sounds like its the thing to do. So now Ill just have to look up a CPE2, a 5X7 camera + and a 4X5 reduction back. Ole, 5X7 in paper drums ? No scratches ?
    Regards Søren
    Here are just 3 quick links from the auction site. The CPE-2 processors are less expensive than the CPP-2 or CPA processors but the CPP-2 and CPA processors will accept the Expert Drums which many people consider "the best way" to process sheet film. I would recommend going to the Jobo site
    http://www.jobo-usa.com/index1.html and look carefully at the various systems before investing in a set-up that might not serve your needs in the future.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jobo-CPE2-Plus-L...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOBO-CPE2-ROTARY...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jobo-CPE-2-with-...QQcmdZViewItem
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    E-6 processing is easy enough, but it is tedious. Really tight temperature control is only needed in the first developer. The other steps go to completion and are a bit more relaxed. Cost is not too bad, but the prices for kits recently almost doubled. The Tetnal 3 bath kit is now about US$77 for the 5 liter size. The Kodak 6 bath kit is still about US$45 for that size, but shipping can be a problem. I get about three small tanks of film processed per liter in my Jobo. That works out to $1.50 per 120 roll with the Kodak kit if I aways process a full tank.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Søren,
    I have just started to develop my own E-6 with a roller and Jobo Expert drum that I will preheat to 38 C degrees. The film is outdated 8x10 Ektachrome and I believe my temperature control is not (yet) optimal as I only have a roller, but not the Jobo machine. After all, I am pretty happy with the first results that look more vivid on the light table than scanned http://personal.inet.fi/koti/cambo/index.html
    L&Scape

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's easy enough to do with plain old SS tanks and reels. No need for an automated processor unless you really want one. Echo the comments about economy and chemical life already mentioned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your replies, and Changeling1 thanks for the links.
    So Its not really necessary to use a Processor but temp has to be correct in first bath.
    should aggitation be continious or intermittent ?
    How about devtimes ?
    I read in some of the old threads that some made their own tempering bath using aqarium heaters in coolers :rolleyes:
    So the color changes with the pH ? Is that so in all chemistry ?
    Regards Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just followed the Jobo link and found answers to the temp, devtime and agitation questions. Thanks.
    Regards Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The pH thing is in the Jobo E6 handbook pdf which you can download. You have to buy the chemical seperately, in most cases Sodium Hydroxide to remove red/magenta cast from my Fuji film. It also gives changes for Kodak films.

I made this into a 20% solution and have to add about 1 to 2 ml to get the change I need for each run. It will almost certainly differ for your water supply. I have found a syringe with a needle gives accurate squirting! My pH meter correct automatically for temp, but is far from the best available - by PHMETER model PH_009(III). A very original naming scheme. Hanna also seem to make very nice ones.

It is possible to do proper process control strips and measure these with a colour densitometer, but I did mine my eye, comparing with previously processed sheets from a pro-lab from the same shoot.

As I have only recently started, I am far from expert and will happily listen and learn from those with more experience and knowledge. I did find myself doing a lot of researching to try to get things right as quickly as possible.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just did my first e-6. For me the worst part was having to proccess so much film at once. I didn't want the mixed chemicals to expire, so I did a bunch all at once, and it seemed like that was all I did for a couple days. I used a combiplan tank for 4X5, and patterson tank for mf. For temp control I started out using an aquarium heater, but it quit working, and I found it was not too hard to maintain temp with just a water bath in an ice chest. I probably won't bother fooling with the heater again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin