Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,208   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format

Likon update.

I shot 2 rolls and had them processed at the local 1 Hr. lab for $5.00. I used them to test a Ricoh 500 G and Praktica Super TTL that I had repaired.
    Nothing fantastic to report.The Likon seems like a fairly good every day sort of film. You wouldn,t want to photograph your daughters wedding with it or carry it when you scale Everest but all in all I like the $>result factor.

Mike
    PS:Sorry,I don,t have a scanner.

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm quite surprized of the extreme margins the industry still seems to be able to make in the U.S. marketplace. In Germany, by comparison, C-41 film development costs as little as 99 EUROcents and prints are from 4 cents each (one drugstore chain goes as low as 1 EUROcent but charges more for the development and does not allow one to give back and not pay for prints one does not want). Film can be had for under 1 EURO (even brand name films!)--- earlier in the year 6 packs of Agfa Vista 200/36 where going for just under 6 EURO at the drugstores. And on that ~ $ 2.50 USD development + 36 prints at the drugstore? Done by CeWe and YES they are making a good profit and handling many millions of films a year and making a profit. The big lab too is quite profitable and CeWe printed last year over 3 1/2 billion prints! Talk about economies of scale!
    The projections for 2005 are 2.6 billion analog colour prints and 0.9 billion digital prints. Within the last year they have had insignificant fluctutations in demand but a shift from analog to digital and thus an increase in profitability (there continues to be a higher willingness to pay "slightly" more for digital as the consumer thinks its cheaper).
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin