Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,663   Online: 1101

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I've taken a closer look at my prints, and several have some green stains along their bottom edges. This fits with the water hypothesis, since those edges would have been dipped in any water that might have gathered along the bottom of the drum (when it's perched on its flat edge). Whether it's just water or if I didn't quite rinse all the blix out I don't know, but I'll take extra care to wash and dry my drum between prints. I'll try using a dedicated towel first, then the hair dryer. I'll let you know how it goes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've seen this on many RA-4 prints coming from local minilabls, especially the one at the local CVS. They claim that they traced the problem to something with a poor light seal somewhere in the machine that was letting light in ... Doesn't make sense. I'm assuming htat your talkign about hte light green streaks that go straight down the print?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If light leaks in, they would be dark streaks!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I couldn't resist another go at color printing today. This time I was very careful about drying the print drum between prints, and the green streaks went away, so it looks like it was water (plain or possibly contaminated with a small amount of blix). Anyhow, thanks everybody for your suggestions!

Speaking of htmlguru4242's CVS experience, my local Walgreens has a recurring light leak problem that typically ruins the first exposure of each roll. (This is on the C-41 negative developing part of the process, though, not the print-making.) I've pointed this out to them and they just don't seem to understand. My local CVS can at least develop C-41 negatives, but their prints look terrible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I realize about the color of hte light streaks, PE; I was surpries too. Unless they have red light leaking in, which would be odd ... I've seen the light leak runing negatives thing as well, teh first two frames are always terrible. Come to think of it, everything that comes out of there is; their equipment, including enlarger is entirely digital, and the chemicals in the machine are the consistency of cream of tomato soup, and are of a horrible color; I've seen then remove the chems ... argh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin