Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,865   Online: 930

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Didn't check my iso settings and...

made a stupid mistake of shooting 2 rolls of iso 200 color film @ 3200. I could just cry.

I was shooting my christmas tree last night(tri-x 400@3200) & forgot to reset the iso settings on my F4 before loading the color roll today. Yes I know this was a rookie mistake, but please go easy on the repremanding.

Does anyone know what I should expect once they are processed? Will there be anything usable?

Please tell me I'm not the only person who has ever done this! Just need a little encouragement today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I,ve been down that road before and its not just a rookie mistake. I don,t know know if the film will be printable,thats really pushed to the max.
    My only suggestion, and I,m sure there will be more informed ones,is to drop the film at a good lab , tell them about the mistake and hope for the best.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the encouragement Mike.
    I guess dropping the film off at Walmart(or other cheap processor) for processing isnt a good idea...guess I'll be making a trip to the local pro lab. I'm sure they'll get a good laugh out of this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thats a 4 stop push, there is only one lab in the country I know that might be able to make something printable out of your film and that is Rocky Mountain Labs in Colorado, there are not many labs that really even push color film anylonger, and I can guarantee you with normal processing, you will not get anything usuable on the film.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Dave. I thought it was a total loss. I called the 2 labs here in my town & neither push c-41 color film. I'm going to trash them & learn from this mistake.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    so true outofoptions, so true....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Spank, spank, spank.

If the shots were of something relatively important, I'd try Dave's suggestion, and then insist that it was done intentionally for "artistic" reasons.

If not, reshooting may be the less-expensive option.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ohhh watch it Ralph you may get something started....spankings can be fun

As for the photos, this time I'm opting for the less expensive route & doing a reshoot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What i'd do (and have tried once before), is to develop the film in B&W developer, pushing them as you think is necessary (I have NO idea what the times would be; normally exposed color film for me developed in about 8:30 in D-76). This gets images, though they're not in color. Technically, after that, you could bleach and re-expose them, and then send them through recular C-41. This would result in color images with nasty color crossover, but it'd probably work. It's a stretch, but it'd be fun ...

And we've all forgotten to change the ISO setting at one point or another. I usually shoot TriX, so this wouldn't be a problem, though i've done it with color ... shame it doesn't push well; the wide exposure latitude will do for one or even two stops either way, but four ...
    Last edited by htmlguru4242; 12-14-2005 at 06:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is the name of the film? What type (E6, C41)?
    Some films push well, some don't.

How was the light? (concert? indoor? outside at night? day?).

If the images are important and it turns out too dark for printing you might try to scan the film as a last resort - specially if you used a slide film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin