Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,414   Online: 1152

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Developing E-6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Ron,

You bringing a camera out with you? If so, perhaps, Aggie, Les, You and I can take a quick day to burn some film in Glacier.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Sounds like a weak first developer. When I was doing my own E6 I used to let the color developer go longer than the suggested time and I thought it made the colors look richer. Is this something others do and would it have any deletrious effect on the color balance? One of these days I'd like to try my hand at LF E6.
    Or, more likely, low temperature. Ordinary darkroom thermometers are sometimes off by up to a couple of degrees.

Also, I've noticed that some kits (e.g.Tetnal 3 bath) tend to produce somewhat denser transparencies than others (e.g. Kodak). Since I mostly make prints from them, the differences do not really affect my work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Hey Ron,

You bringing a camera out with you? If so, perhaps, Aggie, Les, You and I can take a quick day to burn some film in Glacier.

Dave
    I would love to!

Right now in my planning, I would say that I will have a Nikon 2020 with me with LOTS of film, as well as a Nikon D70 with several cards. I plan on making side-by-side comparisons, and will have a few with me to show you where I'm at right now. Digital sux big time, especially if you know how to look at the right things. However, for IR, you can get some interesting results from digital.

I brought my Bronica 2 years ago, and last year I brought 2 Nikormat ELs, but had one of them fail and lost all of those pictures. I need to get it fixed somehow. It's my 'baby'. I might bring a Nikon Pronea, but I'm ashamed to show it in public. Heheheh. I use it at family affairs. Our kids and grandkids don't know the difference.

The problem will be how to find the time to get away. I will have a lot to do at the start and end of the workshop. PM me or send an e-mail and we can try to set things up.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    ...I use a Sidekick to do my processing now, so have no problems.
    Please let me know that I am a tard in asking this question but what is a Sidekick? From the sounds of it, it sounds like an at home processor of the sort. Is that what this is? Are they expensive? Where did you get yours?

I love shooting E-6 but I hate mail order and the wait so I just stick with prints but for landscapes I hate using anything except Velvia (well for color).

Thx so much for the help.

The obviously new guy,
    Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoeden
    Please let me know that I am a tard in asking this question but what is a Sidekick?
    Justin,

Googled it: http://www.phototherm.com/

Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin