Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,899   Online: 1125

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Kodacolor-X (cx 620) exp 1968

I bought a $1.99 Ansco ReadyFlash that came with an unopened roll of this film and wondered what I can generally expect from this and if my normal color lab can handle it. Since it's Saturday I can't call the lab so I'm asking you all

I loaded it in the camera and will be shooting on sunny days or if I can find some bulbs for the flash. It's been snowing for the past two days so I may have to wait awhile.

Thanks,

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think Kodacolour-X was C-22 process, but that is based on memory only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing
    I think Kodacolour-X was C-22 process, but that is based on memory only.
    According to Rocky Mountain Film you are right that it is C22. And if RMF still develops it, I would bet that there might be a couple of other labs that do, too.

Doug

Shooter
    35mm
    It will be very expensive to process as its the old C22 process. As the film is almost 40 years old the results are likely to be poor with colours off balance and a high base fog level. There could also be mottling & other defects if its been stored in poor conditions - quite a strong possibility with such an old film. Personally I wouldn't bother. I have heard you can process it to a black & white negative but I've got no details.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    So basically it has to be processed with C-22 and 75 degrees rather than with C-41 and 100 degrees which would melt off all the emulsion?

I did some searching and found out about RMF. The $30 to process is a bit steep but I guess it could be interesting and I only have one roll. Too bad I can't put it in my Diana

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by MenacingTourist
    So basically it has to be processed with C-22 and 75 degrees rather than with C-41 and 100 degrees which would melt off all the emulsion?

I did some searching and found out about RMF. The $30 to process is a bit steep but I guess it could be interesting and I only have one roll. Too bad I can't put it in my Diana
    Throw the fim away! I can tell you from experience that C-22 process films had a terribly poor shelf life. Save your money.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Throw the fim away! I can tell you from experience that C-22 process films had a terribly poor shelf life. Save your money.

Don Bryant
    No no! Save it as a collector's item. If it was exposed, I'd say send it to a guy at Photo.net in the classic cameras forum who can develop c-22 as B&W.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin