Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,708   Posts: 1,482,881   Online: 1043

Shooter
    35mm

Frontier prints from transparencies as good as from Negatives?

I was wondering whether transparecy scanned and printed on a fuji frontier is as good as that from negatives.

The reason I ask is because the labs always guess wrong when determining whether to print for highlights or shadow, or somewhere in between, remove intentional colour casts etc.

I thought may be if I shot transparency instead, the machine would print the slide as it is without 'correction'.

Is there anyone that does this?

Thanks
    Kirk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as the printing, it is up to you to tell them what you expect in a print, and if they don't do it, then reject the print....when going from slide to paper, it is often times required to do corrections to ensure getting a print that looks like the slide...I normally have them do a small test print for me straight up to check colors, shadows and such, then move to the bigger size..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kirk,
    This probably not the forum to ask. If you wish to know about traditional R printing, or how to get a good traditionl c-print you've come to the right place.

Asking which film format is better for digital output is not what APUG is about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The process has the potential. The problem is the operator.

I have had wonderful results from A&I in california. But you have to pay more than Costco because A&I has to pay a skilled printer.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For what it's worth, the scanners on digital labs seem to be optimised for scanning negatives, and the quality of the scan from transperancies are generally not as good.

At least that's been my experience on Noritsu digital labs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin