Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,696   Online: 843

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Holga
    The Cyan was a red herring, I was getting confused with setting up and using the colour analyser, what it was doing was acting as a ND combined with the Magenta. I am no longer using cyan for any of my filteration.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LAMitchell
    The Cyan was a red herring
    So to speak

Shooter
    Holga
    badum tssss :rolleyes:

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LAMitchell
    I think I have nailed this, need to experiment a little more but it seems to be the original RA4 chemicals I was using causing the inconsistency between each print I would put through the processor and so confusion. The Colour analyser also had a dodgy yellow dial as it probably hadn't been used in years (new eBuy). Taking the dial through the range a couple of times has helped and the guage will stay in one place rather than oscilate as before. Need to experiment a little more but it all seems to be going in the right direction.

High C business is sorted too, that was an issue with the carbon interface (me).
    Your problem with the dodgy yellow dial has just reminded me of a problem I had with my ebuy PCA061. I had bought it and stored it for months before taking the plunge into RA4 and it didn't work. I thought I had been sold an ebuy pup. Anyway I plucked up the courage to unscrew the probe to see what went on inside. It's a set of wheels and the MYC filters which are cranked into place on pressing the appropriate buttons on the analyser.

If I remember correctly I carefully used some WD40 aimed at the "clockwork" in the probe and lo and behold it started to work. So yes the wheels and cogs can stick. If yours is now working fine then probably best to leave alone but if it starts to "play-up" then it's worth opening the probe cover and carefully encouraging the wheels to move.

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Holga
    I'll take that into account, cheers Pentax.

I was doing some prints and one interesting point with the new Ilfocolor is yellow filteration is minimal i.e. M36 Y8!

If I run out of yellow on a print I guess I will start topping up with Cyan.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin