Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,530   Online: 818

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Donald my thoughts about masking for saturation and contrast changes were meant to use B&W film and to make the changes in saturation thru using a panchromatic film and modifying the masks by filtering the light. Sorry am I to not have made this more clearly evident.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are at least 2 methods of increasing contrast of color prints.

1. Add about 10ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the RA color developer, or 1.6 g/l of cobalt hexammine chloride. This catalytic reaction boosts contrast, but may not work to your satisfaction as it can change color balance. It works best if you use CD6 instead of CD3 and you will get the same dye hues and dye stability.

OR:

2. Use the following process:

a: Develop normally
    b: fix in C41 fix for 1'
    c: wash 5 min at 100F
    d: in the light from here on - rehal ferricyanide bleach for about 1' at 100F
    e: wash 10 min at 100F
    f: redevelop in RA developer until satisfied

if the contrast does not satisfy you then:

g: treat in clearing bath of sodium sulfite in water (10g/L)
    h: wash 10' in water 100F
    i: repeat d - f until contrast is up to what you want

THEN:

blix
    wash normally
    dry

This can boost contrast by several grades. Dmin will also come up and yellowing will take place but it can be controlled by the clearing bath and wash times.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin