Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,221   Online: 1060

Thread: E6 and x rays

Shooter
    35mm

E6 and x rays

Hi,

This is probably a dumb question, but I have to ask it anyway!

Do x reys affect developed E6 and K-14 film? I need to get my slides delivered to work for convenience and they employ an xray scanner to check parcels for security .

Thanks very much :-)

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No, they should be fine once developed.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    35mm
    Ace thankyou :-)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Agree with Diane. I just returned from a trip where my film (Velvia 100) went through an x-ray scanner 8 times - I can't detect any loss of quality.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The cautions are te same as for black and white film. The carry on scanners used in the US and Canada are not a problem unless you put the film through them more than 6 or 7 time. Those used in other countries may have higher x-ray output, and your film may tolerate them less well. The scanners used for checked baggage are very powerful, however, and they may affect the film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I believe the OP asks about developed film. There should be absolutley no effect on processed film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    I believe the OP asks about developed film. There should be absolutley no effect on processed film.
    Agreed. There should be absolutely no effect on processed film in either carry on or checked baggage.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin