Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,303   Posts: 1,536,262   Online: 809

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Provia 400X - hmmmm nice!

I dont know how many of you may have seen this (apologies if you have), but this is definately going to be on my list of "MUST HAVE!!" films to try:

Provia 400X

I hope Fuji do a run of this in 5x4 just for me! Wonder if there will be a 100X?
    Gallery 1 Gallery 2
    [FONT=Courier New]The more I learn, the less I know![/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by downfader
    I dont know how many of you may have seen this (apologies if you have), but this is definately going to be on my list of "MUST HAVE!!" films to try:

Provia 400X

I hope Fuji do a run of this in 5x4 just for me! Wonder if there will be a 100X?
    According to the brochure on that page, it is only 35mm and 120. I sure would love to have it in QuickLoads myself.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah I noticed just after I'd posted that it was 35mm and 120 only. Oh well, we can wish
    Gallery 1 Gallery 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Wow, that looks sweet. I am a frequent user of Provia 400F, so I am looking forward to this one. Mee to wish this came in 4x5", maybe it will someday. And maybe just for the japaneese market, but that is no problem in these internet times.

This (again) proves to me that Fuji is still spending bucks on film development,and will do so also in near future. And it makes me happy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah I think they're a pretty cool company. This could be good for some nice action shots on 35mm
    Gallery 1 Gallery 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    According to the brochure on that page, it is only 35mm and 120. I sure would love to have it in QuickLoads myself.
    Fuji AFAICT has never made faster than ISO 160 sheet film. I agree its unfortunate but really, the only people who can do anything about it are those who can call their fuji rep and say "I bought xxx rolls of MF film and would like to shoot Provia 400 in LF too" or similar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm quite new to LF so I didnt know that was the case. I find that quite a shock really, as with 35mm (which is what I usually use) you kind of expect 400 iso. Even portrait photographers use 400 (look a Kodak portra), and fashion photographers must use it for the catwalk where lighting could vary.

Mind you, this film could turn out to be rubbish, lol! Doubtful... but a very slight possibility none the less
    Gallery 1 Gallery 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For 400 speed colour film in sheet sizes Kodak the only option, as far as I'm aware. Their Portra NC is also available in 8x10. I think Ektachrome 200 is the fastest E6 film out there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I must say I have not really missed 400iso (color) sheet film, mainly because I do mostly nature/landscape photography and have no use for those 2 extra stops. But that is just me.

I guess a future Provia 100x will come as sheet film in both 4x5", 8x10" and maybe even 5x7"

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirik Berger
    I must say I have not really missed 400iso (color) sheet film, mainly because I do mostly nature/landscape photography and have no use for those 2 extra stops. But that is just me.

I guess a future Provia 100x will come as sheet film in both 4x5", 8x10" and maybe even 5x7"
    Looking at T64, Fuji will imho drop 5"x7" and 9x12 for new films and make it in 120, 4"x5" and quickload, 13x18cm and 8x10 plus *maybe* 220. 9.5" x 125 feet long roll is listed for Provia 100F but I have never actually seen it on sale anywhere. Just like Provia 100F 11"x14". But for me, Provia 100F has already achieved perfection so I'm not really waiting for a new version.

Though, in case Fuji is listening - come on Fuji, prove you are a real film company and make a Provia 100X that has the same great colour and pushability, has RMS6 and resolves 80 lines at 1:6 contrast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin