Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,499   Online: 686

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know of any books specifically about E-6, but The Basic Darkroom Book by Tom Grimm covers E-6 and C-41, in addition to B&W processing. As others have said, the basic procedures are the same for all three types of processing; it's just the details of the chemicals used, the temperatures at which they're used, and the timing of the steps that differs. Also as others have said, there's less room for creative adjustments (choices in developers, etc.) in color work, although there are some things you can vary and experiment with, as in push or pull processing or cross-processing (processing E-6 in C-41, C-41 in E-6, or either of these in B&W). There are also several manufacturers of chemistry and a few formulas available online if you choose to mix it yourself. Ideally these would all work identically, but in practice there can be some differences between them.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have mentioned this book on other threads. It's called The Rotary Processor Manual by John Tinsley. It deals with C41 as well as E-6 but goes into a lot of detail about kits and even shows colour charts for various kits and films.

The ISBN number is:0-902979-11-6. The publisher is R Morgan Publishing. PO Box 11 Chislehurst, Kent BR7 5RH.

It was published 1992 and the problem may be that it could be out of print and may never have crossed the Atlantic anyway.

It deals with Jobo equipment as well. A very good book in my opinion.

I hope you find this or something else that covers the subject.A look on Amazon U.S and U.K. may turn it up

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin