Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,707   Online: 860

Thread: Tetanol E-6 Kit

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Tetanol E-6 Kit

Hello all,
    Getting a Jobo ATL2-Plus delivered any day now. Can't decide what E6 chemistry to use. I have heard several times to "only use Kodak". I can do that, but...it will be pretty darn expensive to get the chemicals shipped up here to Alaska. Or at least a big hassle having someone else ship them to me.

I see the Tetanol kit at B&H does not have a hazmat fee on the shipping, so would be considerably cheaper.
    How does the Tetanol 6 step kit stack up to the Kodak chemistry? If it matters, for now I'm shooting 35mm Kodak E100GX, and Elite Chrome 100.
    I have an email in to Kodak right now, asking them about a local distributor, but I couldn't find one, so not sure what they're going to tell me.
    Thanks,
    Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Tetenal all the time, and it works very well for me.
    I have not used Kodak, so I can not compare, but I don't think it would make such a big difference - these are standardised processes, as far as I understand.
    I keep the working solutions in bottles that contain no air, and it lasts for about 5-6 weeks without deterioration - enough time to shoot and develop the 12 films I get out of one litre.

Hope that helps

Ansgar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Tetenal E-6 with a ATL 1000 with no problems. I develop 4x5, 120 and the occassional 35mm. I mix 1 liter at a time and use it up within a month.
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin