Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,576   Online: 1122

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ISO 100 color print film in bulk...

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I could buy a roll of bulk ISO 100 color print film? I love Fuji Reala, but I know it's not available in bulk.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might check on the bay, there seems to be bulk films on there quite often..

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    I've not seen Reala in bulk. I'd like to find it too, it's my favorite color print film. I keep several rolls on hand at all times.

I buy the Import version from B&H. IIRC, it's $2.50 per 36exp roll there.

B&H does carry Fuji NPS in bulk, but it's an ISO160 film. It's $47.95. After shipping, that works out to be more than their cost on imported Reala per 36exp roll.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could just shoot the 160 films at 100

Shooter
    35mm
    Aside from portrait films (which seem to all be ISO 160 or 400), I've seen very little in the way of bulk-loaded color print films. Freestyle sells their house-brand color film in bulk in both ISO 100 and 400, for $34 and $45, respectively, for 100-foot rolls. At those prices, though, there's little or no cost savings over buying 36-exposure rolls. I've never bought Adorama's color film bulk rolls, but I did buy a couple of 36-exposure rolls of their ISO 200 film, and it turned out to be made by Ferrania. Freestyle has also got some past-date Fuji Super G+ 100 in bulk rolls for $9.99. Given its past-date nature, I'd be wary of that product, although the price is certainly enticing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As it is a color C41 print film stored in a Photography company, I would not worry about purchasing it for a couple of years, for the most part C41 films are probably the most stable film that can be abused and still retain good shootability, the dating, is very conservative on C41 films.

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin