Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,681   Online: 995

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My reason for liking the films I like, .................

Cause they render the scene as I saw it...pretty simple..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although the end of civilization as we know it would be a bit of bad luck, I'm usually a pretty lucky guy, so I'd take a few rolls of Provia (I prefer more natural colors) with the Leica M6, leaving everything else behind (except survival gear, firearms and ammo). The luck comes in when I'd meet two groups of other survivors - one that had preserved a pedal-operated Jobo outfit, and another that had a supply of E-6 chems.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ralph, makes a good point. My colour material would be a set of windsor-Newton watercolours (large tubes) a No. 10 series 6 brush (or can I have many brushes?) and as much d'arches 300# cold press as I can carry. I'll leave the guns and ammo to those who know how to use them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Davor
    It would make things more interesting if everyone explained why they like the film they like
    I like Reala because it delivers bright, yet natural colors and isn't harsh on skintones. It's a good all-around film for those times when I don't know what I'll be shooting with a given roll of film.

Chris

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    My favourite film use to be Fuji MS100/1000, but thats no more for C41 I like Kodak Provia 400VC for my style of photography, but then as a general NPZ800. Now for B&W Kodak HIE.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Color - Wise, definetely Kodachrome 64

B&W - My good 'ol Tri-X

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As pertains to your dire restrictions, and since there would be no processing available, it would have to be something Polaroid.

Favorite color? Probably Provia in slide.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    160VC. Nice grain, nice color, and it comes in 4x5.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    [color=red]The last I heard, Tri-X was not color film. [/color]

This was posted in the "Color" Film, Paper and Chemistry" forum. Perhaps, Ed should have it moved.
    "Color film" what's color film??? When was it invented. After all these years I thought Black & White (and the intermittent shades of grey) were colors.... mmmmmm, could you recommend some books or seminars that would help me understand this abstract concept called color???
    Often wrong, but never in doubt!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Davor
    ..so the sky was falling, the civilisation was at an end, and you were forced to leave your home for good in search of surviving human beings, and you must take one film with your camera, only one from your fridge. It would be the last and only film you would ever shoot.
    Which would it be? (past discontinued films count too)

In that dire, worst case scenario, I would f*#k the film and take a box of Dove Bars!
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin