Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,747   Online: 1096

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome, that's good to gave. Did it give any other information?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The formulas and an overview of the process (along with the K-12 process)were given in the Dignan Newsletter. If you have access to a large library they may have the Newsletter on microfiche or you may able to get it on interlibrary loan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The formulas are also available in the patent I posted the # of earlier.

This patent is available on-line.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    It is interesting that the temperature that is specified for washing is significantly lower than that for the "active" solutions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    It is interesting that the temperature that is specified for washing is significantly lower than that for the "active" solutions.
    The temperature is actually not lower, the range is broader. Look at it again.

The reason for part of that (IIRC) is due to cooldown during reversal exposure.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Yes, we could get Kodachrome in 4x5 sheets, even up to the end of the project, and no, no one wanted them so it was a very rare thing.

PE

Aaaaargh. I would have killed for that. Not sure I was living in Rochester at the time, but I would have just driven slowly past your building with the sunroof open; you could have thrown a few hundred sheets in.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    Aaaaargh. I would have killed for that. Not sure I was living in Rochester at the time, but I would have just driven slowly past your building with the sunroof open; you could have thrown a few hundred sheets in.

Earl
    Earl, experiments were usually coated at 100 or 200 ft of 4.5 inch wide. If it was slit and chopped it was as 35mm without perfs for lab experiments or with perfs for camera experiments. The 4x5s would have been nice though. I admit, but no one every asked for any as far as I know even though it was one of the options on the coating sheet. It would have been a lot of 4x5 sheets. Oddly enough, I never saw anyone get 120 and don't remember that being one of the options on the work sheet.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Oddly enough, I never saw anyone get 120 and don't remember that being one of the options on the work sheet.
    This is due to the backing paper I guess? How would you use the 120 without backing paper?

I thought Ansel Adams shot Kodachrome in 8x10"?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    This is due to the backing paper I guess? How would you use the 120 without backing paper?
    I thought Ansel Adams shot Kodachrome in 8x10"?
    According to memory, a "Hasselblad Newsletter" chronicled the sale of Ansel Adams' Cadillac... and in the same article, commented on his color work with the Hasselblad and Kodachrome.

I think If I search for it, I could find that newsletter.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am sure Kodachrome was available in sizes up to 8x10. The largest box of it (empty) that I ever saw was in a vacant lab at EK when I moved in. It was a 10 sheet box of 5x7 labeled Kotavachrome. That was a variant, I was told, on Kodachrome.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that. I had that box for years, and kept samples in it carrying them back and forth from the 1B room to my lab and etc. Then it vanished into the mists of whatever.

We could spool 120 with backing paper if needed, I'm sure, I just never saw it done in KRL. In fact, I never saw it done with pre-production samples either. They were all 35mm.

PE

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin