Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,199   Online: 828

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Warnings? What warnings?

Probably the machine is made for the Kodak reversal paper process? Depending on what you can set the temperature to, the replenishment etc. it may well be usable for Ilfochrome. You have the documantation for the processor. Compare the configuration of the machine with the requirements for Ilfochrome. Meteor made good equipment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by game
    it's the metoform 7060 or 6070. It's made by meteor. Which is german if I remember correctly. It's discontinued and quite obscure actually, but all spare parts are still available. How do I find out if this machine can deal with cibachrome chemicals? Never found any warnings or whatever in the manual.

Best regards Sam.
    Is there any mention of the processes which the processor can handle or anything about the use of acids? The Ilfochrome bleach is fairly corrosive and can damage the internals of some processors. Is the manufacturer still in business? You may have better luck than I did with a google search - I'm not multi-lingual and couldn't understand half the returned pages.

Roger.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Meteor Siegen still exist, but they quit making those processors. I think they still support their product. I have an RA-4 processor, and it's not broken so no need for support...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I actually have had some email contact with a guy from meteor. And I think he is the one to ask this question. I'll email him on the matter. Thanks for the warnings. Best regards Sam

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    When using P3 or P3X bleach all the metal parts in the bleach transport need to be titanium. The Sulfuric Acid in the bleach will eat way other metals.

Corey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    allrighty..... :|
    So I quess the party is over

Can anyone say something more in this.
    Game

Shooter
    Large Format
    I used to do Cibachrome in drums and a motor base. So I had no experience with a processor. The problem with the material at that time was the contrast issues. Usually required a contrast reduction mask. Converting the slides to internegatives seemed to deliver a better balanced print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by game
    So I quess the party is over
    I believe it is worth an email to ask if your processor can handle the chemicals. If not drum processing is not difficult - I use 2nd hand Jobo drums and a 2nd hand motorised roller base for my processing. The temperature control is not that critical and for P30 can be done between 20C and 29C although the standard is 24C. Both the bleach and fixing step go to completion so it is really only the developer step which needs some care and even that can drift 1C either side of the desired temperature. As previously mentioned you can use the exposure and developer step to help control contrast. At 24C the standard time is 3 minutes per step plus a couple of short rinses so excluding washing, the processing takes around 10 minutes. The P3.5 process should be similar.

Roger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll wait and see what the manufacterer will say. I read something about a similar metoform being used for cibachrome, si perhaps my machine can do it too. Else wise, bad luck. I won't be fooling arounf with other equipment. The machine should do the trick. It is more likr if ilfochrome can be done quite easily, why not. I'll post the comments from my contact at meteor as soon as I get them.

Best regards Sam

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by boyooso
    When using P3 or P3X bleach all the metal parts in the bleach transport need to be titanium. The Sulfuric Acid in the bleach will eat way other metals.
    Yeah and don't ever put your finger in the bleach, you will hear a "poof", the flesh will be eaten away and only the bone will remain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin