Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,517   Online: 847

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    NikoSperi,

Thanks for the comments and the insight. I will go in and have a chat. They're good people...see what they say. Regardless of what happens on the print, I will continue to use them for E6. Not displayed just yet, and find it a little funny, me going in and saying, "Hey, this looks like crap, this is what I want and expect".

I guess I need to get over it...I know what I like. Perhaps, it is I who have been numbed into "Zen and the Art of Being a Crappy Consumer". Point well taken. Thanks, Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I regularly shoot Provia 100 in 6x6 and some of my very best (my favorites at least) were scanned on a Nikon 8000 and printed on a lightJet at my local lab. I was in awe when I got my prints back--very very impressed and thats saying a lot as I'm very anal about print quality. Blame your lab and request a reprint!!!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    Good luck being the important client over at WCI... unless you burn through Velvia like Robert Teague of course!
    Yeah right ... with clients like Jack Dykinga, Michael Forsberg and Robert Glenn Ketchum ... I'm just a minor client.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JosBurke
    I regularly shoot Provia 100 in 6x6 and some of my very best (my favorites at least) were scanned on a Nikon 8000 and printed on a lightJet at my local lab. I was in awe when I got my prints back--very very impressed and thats saying a lot as I'm very anal about print quality. Blame your lab and request a reprint!!!
    You bring up a good point. The quality of the scanner matters TREMENDOUSLY.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    >>>I'm just a minor client<<<

I would then be a tremendous pipsqueak there but I appreciate the recommendation.

I guess I'm off to do some talking; I may end up having to send this off if they're just going to send it back to some crappy "auto-pilot" machine. We'll see.

I certainly appreciate the direction.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    Robert, Thanks. I called and they are done digitally. I did not ask anymore than that...just, okay thanks.
    There is just no alternative to digital printing today, except Ilfochrome which is somewhat special.

The digital process gives results which are so far superior to reversal paper that all reversal papers were discontinued. The digital prints should turn out fine. The fact that they are machine made does not mean they have to be crappy. Just try a different lab.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    There is just no alternative to digital printing today, except Ilfochrome which is somewhat special.

The digital process gives results which are so far superior to reversal paper that all reversal papers were discontinued. The digital prints should turn out fine. The fact that they are machine made does not mean they have to be crappy. Just try a different lab.
    Where do you come up with your information Petzi???????

I have to say I don't agree with you one bit and I have been in this business for a great number of years! Are you sure your on the right website?

B&H still has resin coated and polyester based papers listed on their website as being in stock and available for delivery...And Adorama is still listing Kodak reversal paper in stock as well and available for delivery...

Dave

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I haven't seen any reversal paper for sale anywhere for years. It is possible that B&H and others have some old stock. Maybe someone can check out the Kodak wholesale price list. B&H also has films that are no longer supplied by Kodak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji is still listing Color Reversal papers on their website as well, and if what B&H and Adorama are listing is old stock, it ain't that old, cause I ordered from our local store he about 14 months ago locally, and we ordered directly from Kodak, I know, I looked it up in the Kodak Wholesale book and provided the order numbers for the store as I used to work for them..I still have two 25 sheet boxes of the paper and it is dated for 8/2006 as the expiration date, I can't help what you have seen in Europe..the paper that B&H is listing is actually Ilford, so it could be older stock, but the paper adorama is listing is Kodak paper..

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Fuji is still listing Color Reversal papers on their website as well, and if what B&H and Adorama are listing is old stock, it ain't that old, cause I ordered from our local store he about 14 months ago locally, and we ordered
    Dave
    Fujifilm.co.uk doesn't list anything like that... Neither does fujifilm.de ... What appears to be available is:
    * fujicolor crystal archive (+ MP, DP, professional variants)
    * fujiclear ca professional
    * fujiflex ca supergloss
    * fujicolor ca professional peel apart

None of the descriptions look like these might be reversal materials.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin