Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,628   Online: 766

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa E-6 kit times

I`m about to develop a few sheets of slides, and reading the instructions , it says, "first developer 5-7 minutes", and 4-5 minutes for the color developer.
    Is it only the revesal bath times that are imortant to be dead on?
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Amund, you need to be pretty exact with time and temp with E-6. I use Tetenal and they say the First Developer is the most important. But all the steps are when it gets right down to it!
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    Amund, you need to be pretty exact with time and temp with E-6. I use Tetenal and they say the First Developer is the most important. But all the steps are when it gets right down to it!

Yes, I know... Have used Tetenal kits before, so the Agfa instructions are confusing. I think I will use the regular 6.30min for the first developer.
    Amund

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    6:30 is the suggested time for the first developer, but after reading about E6 developing at the Jobo-website I understand that a 16% extra development in the first developer is required for all Fuji films (except Astia). I use only Fuji films so I am still a bit confused. I have tried 7:30 in 1st dev on a few rolls of Provia 100F and the results look OK to me. Have anyone any opinions on this?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've never used the Agfa chemistry but I do use the Kodak and Tetnal and my guess is that the time spread in the developers is tied in totemperature and if you look closely you will see thta they give you a bit of band of temperature for processing. Time, as everyone has said is critical for E6 processing but temperatue is also critical and the two work hand-in-hand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think what the instuctions mean is that you use from 5 to 7 minutes depending on whether you are pulling, developing normally, or pushing. Just to leave the statement like that is very confusing though. I would use the normal 6.5 minutes and see if the density is adequate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used the 6.5 min time, and the density came out good. But the slides came out way too blue... My temperatures was spot-on all the way, so I don`t know why they ended up like this. With the Tetenal kit I never had any problem. But this Agfa kit was of unknown age as I got it off ebay... Back to Tetenal...
    Amund

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin