Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,695   Online: 872

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C41 PUSH?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not familar with those models. Would the dial change the speed that the film runs through the processor then? These must have been features which were deemed not necessary in later models, unless they were more advanced than anything I have used. I have always assumed push / pull processing was too impractical in roller transport machines, but there you go, I've learnt something today.
    Film's not dead, it's just got a negative image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Samual,

Yes, the dial would change transport time and vary dryer temps, I will check on Saturday when I am in town to get the model numbers for you, it was quite a nice set up, we used to do a lot of processing for the various pros as well as Pop Photo workshops and having the machines that could vary processing made a big difference, those guys love to experiment..

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the info, I might have have a look at my old Noritsu catalogues to see if I can find the models you're talking about. It's Saturday morning here, and strangely enough I have a few films to do. No push / pull processing though!

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=metod]Yes, one stop overexposure is still OK. Usually, when you overexpose color film slightly, you get better saturation and colors just pop up. The grain tends to diminish slightly as well. This might not always work well, say you taking portraits. There is nothing worse than getting back pictures from uderexposed color film= no color and they are very flat.
    QUOTE]

If it is slightly under (like 1/2 stop), will that be a little bit less saturation and more flat, which will be like old time color film.

I had the gold200 popped into the 400 single used camera (rollei). I will put some image on later. It's hard to see how much under since I have no idea the f and s are.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It doesn't really matter what ASA film you put into the disposable camera since the shutter speed and apperture are fixed at an arbitary value, the only thing that will affect the exposure is the brightness of the scene being photographed. So it's just hit and miss, load it with any film, process as normal and see how it turns out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin