Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,685   Online: 889

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Blix - can I split the kit?

I've just started C41 developing and so far I'm pleased with the results. I'm using the Nova Pro-Speed C41, a powdered press kit.

I read about the advantages of using seperate bleach and fix stages rather than a combined blix. The Nova kit comes with two seperate sachets of dry chemicals which are disolved one at a time to produce the working blix solution.

Is it likely that the two sachets contain the seperate chemicals required for the cleach/fix stages, and if so would it be possible/worthwhile mixing and using these as seperate solutions?

The instructions say one bag contains ammonium thiosulphate, the other iron EDTA complex (I assume these are not the only chemicals and only these are listed due to their hazzard class)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Generally, you cannot split the blix into two parts. I have posted a set of formulas elsewhere for a bleach and fix.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin