Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,870   Posts: 1,583,320   Online: 1133

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Which colour Print Film?

Hi Everyone!

May I ask for your help?

I have been asked by a friends daughter to take some Photographs of herself. She is a young dance teacher and will be wearing a Tutu and Ballet shoes.

I have persuaded her that B+W would be better as I would have more control over the final print, but she also would like some colour shots.

The Tutu is a pale lilac so I am pre-visualising lovely pastel colour in a muted available light. Maybe a few soft focus shots aswell.

My question is , What would be the best colour print film to use? (better exposure lattitude needed) It will be available light from windows at the top of the room/dance studio, and I can only asume there will be strip lighting aswell. I own an 80 series filter so no problems there, and feel that a faster film with minimal grain is the way to go.

I Thank you in advance and apologise also, as I will not be able to log on for a few days due to a heavy workload.

Thank You

Regards

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What format? 35, MF, LF?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't go wrong with Porta 160 NC / 400 NC for skin tones and soft lighting, it's been a standard in fashion photography for years. I'm sure that Fuji's equivalent color portrait films would do as well but I have more personal experience with Kodak's films.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak 160NC is made for this sort of stuff.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks All.

Definately will give the kodak 400 a try.

Regards

Stoo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin