Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,249   Online: 804

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331
    Ed,

Your overthinking the subject, after over 25 years of shooting for a living, I find photography far more art than science, pick up a few rolls shoot them, develop them and decide for yourself what works for you. Everybody has a different sense for color reproduction, and I have never seen two people be the same, it is just one of those things you got to figure out for yourself, there has been real good suggestions given in this thread based on opinions, if you want to nail it down scientifically, that is something your going to have to do yourself, cause no one can tell you for sure...after all of these years of shooting kodachrome and Velvia 50, I don't know that I can be scientific, as I look at every scene based on the film I intend to shoot it with.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

no problem..

we are just discussing here, nothing more

I've made up my choice yesterday after a few posts.
    I'll probably buy a few rolls of Velvia 100 and a few rolls of Astia and see what I get.
    I'll use Velvia for duller subjects where I want more color than I actually see, and I'll use Astia where there is more than enough color in the scene already.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If a film is doing what it is designed to do and is reacting as the designers made it for, that would not be considered distortion, if it reactes correctly for the type of work, then its not distortion, film is designed for particular shooting situations, there is no base to work from, but a specific type of effect..as light has a larger spectrum that the human eye can distiquish, it may be defined as distortion because it looks differently that what our eye can see in nature, but if it is working with the part of the spectrum it was designed for, then it is not distortion, just optimized..

As a good example IR film is optimized for a different spectrum than the human eye can see, but I would still not consider it distortion, just sensitive to something I can't see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, nevermind, this is turning into poetry of words...

thank you all for your advices, you've helped me to get some perspective on the new films that I haven't tested yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Poetry of words fits Ed, I feel that photography is a poetry of light, so were pretty close to the same thinking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    d you also use poetry when talking about tripods or slide mounts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends on the circumstances and in what context we are discussing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let us not forget that lenses will also, but to a lesser extent affect the color recorded on film. Some lenses and lens lines tend to be more neutral while others tend to be warmer as an example.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin