Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,922   Online: 880

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

My First 4x5 Slides

All,
    I got my slides back from the lab today. HOLY POOP BATMAN ! These have to be the sharpest images I have ever seen. The resolving power of Provia 100F cannot be put into words. Pollen grains, grass veins, flower fur.
    I wish my scanner and Linux got along.....A picture is worth a thousand words afterall...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Steve,

Congrats on the first 4" x 5" transparencies on Provia 100F. You have opened up a real can of worms. Wait till you try Velvia. In any case, look forward to seeing some posted images. If you have questions about exposure, filters, film latitude, etc. there are a number of us here on APUG that will be happy to give you some guidance.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's an old saying in this part of the world Steve, that says " a good big one is always better than a good little one" . Enjoy.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh, Yeah, a well exposed slide is a joy to look at. I do too find Velvia50 has more punch than Provia100 under the same lighting condition (judging from some flower shots I did).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yup, my first 5X4 slide blew me away too, had it printed at 16X20 for a friend and the sharpness and colour saturation are simply stunning.

Have you investigated "sane" (http://www.sane-project.org/)to try and get the scanner going under Linux?

Cheers

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just wait until you see your first 8x10 slides!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseowl
    Yup, my first 5X4 slide blew me away too, had it printed at 16X20 for a friend and the sharpness and colour saturation are simply stunning.

Have you investigated "sane" (http://www.sane-project.org/)to try and get the scanner going under Linux?

Cheers

Martin
    Martin,
    I have, and naturally with my luck, my scanner is not supported. Not much of a big deal really, as it won't scan 4x5 negs; I would have to get a print made first.

-Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first 4x5 photograph was on Provia 100F, and it was amazing to see it, there`s something special with those big transparencies
    Amund

Shooter
    Large Format
    They are great on the light table no doubt. Remember, they are 4x5 transparencies, not slides.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin