Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,819   Online: 1108

Thread: Fuji

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Fuji

How can you process Fujicolor supirera xtra 400 in d76 stock? what are the times? results?Any special things that i should know about?
    Marko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I am not mistaken, D76 is a B&W film developer and Fuji Supreia is a C41 film stock.

Is there a particular effect your trying to achive?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just a b&w neg. my camera store is having a sale

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Supreia is a C41 film color film, are you sure it is not another film you are talking about? At least Supreia was a color film when I worked in the photo lab, it was always processed in C41 color chemistry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know its a color film, id just like to do some crossprocessing and see what i get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, Okay, that was what I asked to begin with, is if you were looking for some different effects..

Sorry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So do you know how to do this? ive heard expose +1 dev as tri-x. is this right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have not done any cross processing in about 20 years, taken the current stock of chemistry, I don't think my information would be accurate, you might want to do a search on cross process, I know it has been discussed around here quite a few times in the past.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since the film is on sale, you won't lose much money by testing a couple of rolls and see what you get by yourself. It's the most reliable way of knowing...

On the other hand, if you want some really weird effects, you can try developing in D-76 and then in colour dev and blix. This is called film acceleration, you rate the film @ E.I. 800 or something and you get really strange colour effects. Wash well between the two developers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, i've done some cross processing of this type, though not with this specific film. Processing times seem to go from 6 minutes to 9 minutes, with 8 being about right for most films.

I'd try 8 minutes as a starting point, but you'll need to experiment.

And George, what is this you say abt. film acceleration? Sounds interesting ... do explain, please ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin