Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,300   Online: 848

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.microcolour.com/ilfochrome.htm
    Its a microfilm based on the same formula and process seen in Ilfochrome/Cibachrome paper. . . but on a film base! But that means that it has the same speed as paper, so it has an ISO of around 1 or 0.5; that's how slow we're talking here :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the reported Dmax=2.2 is true, it will show very weak blacks in projection if you shoot night scenes etc. This equals the contrast ratio of about 1:100.

Even the 3.2 of many E6 films is not very good.

Of course, this affects only certain situations when you want to use this film for pictorial use. OTOH there are many purposes where you don't need deep black.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=...

BTW, you can also use this film directly in camera; it's tungsten balanced, so an 80A filter would make it suitable for outdoors -- but it's really, really slow (ISO a bit less than 1). For copy work, though, it should be just what you want. ...

[/QUOTE]

85B for 3200K balanced film, 85A for 3400K balanced film. I don't know about this film, but a lot of microfilm machines use 3400K light.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hrst, thank you for pointing that out to me! You're right, it does seem oddly low, but I suppose that increasing the dmax of the material would also decrease its sensitivity, so I guess that its an understandable tradeoff. I suppose that somewhat ruins my idea of using it for Astrophotography though. . . but I guess that light and airy scenes of flowers and other such stationary studio objects would still photograph nicely, despite the limited blacks, as you said.

Nworth, the material is balanced for tungsten, it says so on the first page of the data sheet. I think its mainly based off their paper version of Ilfochrome, which would be balanced for enlargers. Of course this is just conjecture!
    http://www.ilford.com/en/pdf/prods/m...RO_graphic.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    For anybody interested, I bought a 30m roll of this film in 35mm and will be loading it into 35mm cartridges. I am trying to locate P5 chemistry. I have P3 chemistry and wonder if anybody knows if I can run this stuff in P3 or even P30?

I know it is ASA 1, so this should be really neat for scenics where light bluring (like leaves on trees) can be melded with sharp focused solids (trunk & branches), or roads and cars for instance.

Any experiences with this material and chemistry would be appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's very exciting; best of luck. Be sure to keep us updated.. it's likely that you're alone in doing this, frontiersman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin