Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,769   Online: 1105

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by egdinger
    See there is a collage in town here that had a fairly strong arts department, but no one other than the minilabs to devolp film for them. And I know they've complained about the quality, so there may be a market. But all the machines that I can find forsale are nowhere near me, and not economical to ship.
    So buy some tanks and reels and do a manual dip 'n dunk line. Many labs used to do it this way for a long time before automation.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm
    I know that terrible feeling of rejection. The only cure is to keep trying. If you pm me privately, I will give you and address to send your very welcomed money to. I am not posting it here so as not to over burden the US postal service with everyone covering me in a blizzard of green.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If your local labs don't know how, or don't want to process your 120 film, it's probably best you don't give it to them. But you would think if they had a few requests for it they would make an effort to find out how / or do whatever they need to do to get the work. Nearly all modern film processors will do 120 / 220 film, but yes if not much 120 is done you may get some dirt on the edges, but this should be minor if the machine is kept clean. Most smaller labs however won't have the accessories to print 120 film, as it can cost quite a bit.
    Film's not dead, it's just got a negative image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    why are many of the members here constantly annoyed/perplexed/paranoid everytime a commercial decision impacts on their 'hobby'

so they won't print your 'unusual' film, that's their choice

so Kodak no longer makes products that are not commercially viable, do want them to lose money

so your local photo processor will no longer do large prints because only a very few customers ever want them and the expensive chemicals go off, why should they bother

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ray I didn't ask them to print it, I know they can't do that. But Their machines are capable, and the noritsu from what I can tell you don't have to change anything, and they just refuse.

Anyone know if pvc pipe affects the chems in anyway? I don't think it would....

Shooter
    35mm
    they do have the proper "canisters" aka intermediate cassetes as they come with new fuji film proscessors, what they probably don't have are the neg carriers ect for the printer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by egdinger
    I had no idea that could happen. The only thing I dound so annoying, was this is just a test roll that I want back in an hour.

Maybe I'll just buy a machine and do better processing...
    I know the feeling. My local Wal*Mart is decent but only when this blond woman or this guy with crazy hair is on duty. They are the only ones I trust for quick snapshots and such. Of course, anything important I shoot on chromes and send that out.

I could go to the one sorta pro lab in the area (Sunshine Photo) but frankly I found their work to be subpar as well and cost twice as much. I now simply shoot chromes, scan them and send them to AdoramaPix. They at least seem to know what the hell they are doing (I just wish I had a good local lab that can do chromes to prints)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You want to take 120 film to Walmart for processing? This is a joke right?

Shooter
    35mm
    Given your problems, isn't this the classic argument for buying a secondhand Jobo processor and doing it yourself. With a changing bag you don't even need a darkroom.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jhavard
    There's a reason decent photo labs cost two or three times a one hour photo labs.
    And then they don't always look after your film. A few years back I used a local so-called "pro" lab to process a roll of 120 colour print film. When I went to pick up the negatives, they were just left lying around half hanging off the edge of a office paper tray. They hadn't been cut or sleeved. I never used them again. Oddly, they seem to have gone out of business.
    Oh and the prints were pretty crap too.
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin