Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,424   Online: 791

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Feeling Lucky...paper anyone?

I just recieved a sample of Lucky RA-4 colour paper, called Lucky Professional Digital Paper. What I thought was interesting about it is it looks and feels very similar to Kodak Royal paper, even the markings on the back look very similar to Kodak Royal. I think Kodak has an interest in Lucky and was wondering if it could be a very good replica of Kodak Royal. In the accompanying letter it says Lucky has "coperative agreements to produce paper for the worlds leading brands".
    I guess I will have to try some out if I want to see if it is any good, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this product at all?
    Film's not dead, it's just got a negative image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've seen Lucky RA4 paper, but not the Pro Digital version. I think I even have some snaps printed on them. The prints came out of a 1 hr. lab. The prints look as good as any as the other I've seen made on Konica or Fuji or even Kodak papers. The only thing that was different was that its base paper support felt thinner.

Jay

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The sample I have is the same thickness as Kodak Royal paper, that is a bit thicker than Fuji CA. I guess I will have to try some out to determine whether it's any good. I was told that Lucky manufacture Kodak Royal paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    g'day Samuel,

why don't you just try it and form your own opinion

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yep I'll try it maybe, but I have to buy at least two 175m rolls, which is why I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it, but it appears not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    why do you have to buy 2 huge rolls? thought you had a sample

how much paper is on that size roll?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The sample is a sample print. It's 4" rolls for use in a mini-lab machine, so you get approx 1100 4x6 prints off a roll. It's a bit cheaper than Kodak Royal paper, but not so cheap that I necessarily want to buy that amount just to try out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin