Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,080   Online: 915

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

First 4x5 chromes processed on JOBO ATL1000!

I finally got to process some 4x5 chromes with my JOBO ATL1000. I have to say this little machine is amazing! I used the KODAK 5 liter one shot type kit for chemicals, very easy to use! They give you instructions on how to make smaller batches of chemistry from the concentrates which prolongs shelf life by not having to mix it all at once. My 4x5 chromes look great! So far I have processed only Kodak Ektachrome and AGFA RSXII. I read on the JOBO forum that FujiChrome works out better if processed longer in first developer, any truth to that?
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy22
    I finally got to process some 4x5 chromes with my JOBO ATL1000. I have to say this little machine is amazing! I used the KODAK 5 liter one shot type kit for chemicals, very easy to use! They give you instructions on how to make smaller batches of chemistry from the concentrates which prolongs shelf life by not having to mix it all at once. My 4x5 chromes look great! So far I have processed only Kodak Ektachrome and AGFA RSXII. I read on the JOBO forum that FujiChrome works out better if processed longer in first developer, any truth to that?
    I process Velvia, Provia, and Ektachrome identically with Tetenal chemicals. They all seem to turn out fine. Where is the "JOBO forum" located?

Best,
    Darr
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Velvia and other Fuji transparency films, loses about 1/3 of a stop of speed when processed in Kodak chemicals.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bump the dial to +10% when processing Fuji reversal films in Kodak chemistry. It isn't exactly what Jobo recommends, but it is as close as you can come on the ATL-1000.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Darr,

Where I read the stuff about Fujichrome was not a forum, my mistake it was on Jobos Website old tech articles.

http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/jq/jqbox.htm

Jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Rolfe,

Thanks again for emailing that info about the B&W processing times. I ran my first B&W sheet film today, so far it looks good as far as over all coverage, I may be a little under developed. Ran some fomapan 200 at 9 minutes in Rodinal 1:50. Not my normal developer but did not have any D76 ready.
    What B&W times and developers do you use, what gives you your best result?

Jamie

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As Robert says, the extra 1/3 stop is about right in any chemicals so far as I know. Personally I rate Velvia 50 at ISO 40 and process normally in a Jobo ATL1000 or 2300 or at a Pro-lab. It is easier this way then to process different E6 film types all together.

Should you not want to do this, then I have seen that 7:30 is recommended for first developer for Fuji films. I have used 3 bath Fotospeed and Fuji-hunt chemistry perfectly well with different emulsions.

You might like to investigate adjusting colour balance by controlling the pH of the Colour developer to get even better results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Baxter,

I like that idea of keeping the process normal and rating the film with a little less speed. I will try that with the Velvia I have.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin