Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,268   Online: 1044

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    One thing you could check quickly to see if it is processing error (imbalance of pH most likely). Look at the colour of the Yellow/Amber Fuji lettering in the rebate. I have found it can vary when sent to one lab which is supposed to have a good reputation. On some batches, it has been much redder than usual with an associated cast in the whole image.

As for the performance of RVP100 - some like it more than others. I have found it unpredictable at sunruse/sunset; so don't use it. Many others though are seeming to like it.

Colour is so subjective, you really do have to try and find the emulsions you prefer and the conditions in which to use them. No point arguing about it. Best look in the galleries and try the films used in those images which you most identify with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unfortunately, I am not able to see the images posted, since those are only available to Subscribers. However, I do think there might be a big difference between Velvia 100 and Velvia 100F; or at least the implied message I am finding is indicating that. I have not used Velvia 100 in Quickloads, only in 35mm and as 120 roll films. I have used 100F in all the formats I shoot. I generally found Velvia 100 to have better green performance than 100F, though the bluer shadows seemed to still be there; very generally, I agree with the comments about a cleaner look to Velvia 100. I have been underwhelmed by Velvia 100F.

As for processing, I tend to use the same places, and I go by their consistency. The film rebate areas are consistent. Whether they are consistently wrong could be another matter, though if the results for me are always consistent, then I know what to expect. We could expect all Fuji, or all Kodak, transparency films to work in very similar ways from one batch of film to another, though anyone who has gone through lots of boxes/rolls of film realizes that there is a certain level of variation. This is why I put the comment generally when I describe characteristics of these films.

With so many films available, I tend to choose them based upon subject matter, or intended scenes. If I am photographing italian sports cars, I tend to go for E100VS. When I photographed an old Morgan Plus 4, which was BRG, I based my decision off a test of E100G and Velvia 100, and chose E100G. On some old Porsche race cars, with a particular blue to them, I chose Velvia 100. These are very specific examples, with the generalization that Fuji choices work better for blue to green (cool) tones, while Kodak choices work better with red and yellow (warm) tones.

People who shoot lots of landscapes tend to want more of the blue or green performance. I rarely have ever done any landscapes, and even more rarely desert scenes. You would be better asking the opinions of others on choices of films. Part of film choices is a discovery of what matches your own personal vision and expectations. I am just glad we still have so many great choices.

Ciao!

Gordon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Never Happeded to me!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765
    Never Happeded to me!
    Your not old enough to have anything happen to you yet!

Geeze Marko, your really starting to get obnoxious....give it a rest..

R.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin