Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,690   Online: 715

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see these posts on Ilfochrome, but I also see how Ilford suggests a different filter pack between Fuji, Kodak E6 and Kodachrome. This has been my experience as well as I noted above.

I wonder if any of you have photographed the same scene with Kodachrome and Ektachrome and then tried printing them at the same color balance? Knowing the dye sets of the two films, I would believe that it would be hard to print them unless there was a change made in the filter pack to correct for the bias of the E6-Kodachrome dye set.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is an Ilford table for films.

Kodachrome 60Y, 15C
    Ektachrome 60Y, 10C
    Agfachrome 60Y, 00C
    Fujichrome 60Y, 10C

The above corrections are smaller than I remember, but then it may vary from batch to batch and todays paper may be much better in this regard. Each batch of paper used to come with a stuffer with recommended changes for each slide film. If I ever locate one of those stuffers, I'll scan it and post it.

The same article gives the reciprocity corrections from 20 - 200 seconds which varies in the range of 1.1x - 2.6x.

It says that latent image keeping change is so small that it can only be measured under laboratory conditions.

All of these seem to agree with my experiences which may be entirely out of date.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't print from color slides, but I believe that color slide balance doesn't vary much like Photo Engineer said. But on color negative film I found that there is significant different in color balance from roll to roll even with the same film type.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin